For an amazingly romantic weekend (or week-long) get-away you can't beat Southern California. There are so many things to do. Add to that a fabulous stay on the beach and you have the perfect romantic vacation!
Below is a partial list of some of the romantic things you can enjoy together. Included are the driving distances from one of the spectacular homes we recommend for your stay.
- Go Kayaking together through the Newport Beach back bay and harbor
- Sit on the sand arm in arm, and watch the sunset from the beach then roast marshmallows on the beach
- Explore San Diego's Balboa Park together, you will both find something to enjoy. Or see it in a horse drawn carriage - 1.5 hours (driving directions)
- Take a gondola ride and enjoy romance on a gondola drifting through the enchanting canals and waterways of Newport Beach. "For An Evening You Will Never Forget! Love, Romance, Music - A Ride in a Venetian Gondola" in Newport Beach
- For a very special memory rent a horse and carriage
- Stroll through San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter. This 16 block neighborhood is the place to go for live entertainment, dining, lodging, and shopping. - 1.5 hours (driving directions)
- Visit the world famous San Diego Zoo. 100 acres in size and with over 4,000 animals, you will enjoy spending a day here with the one you love. (You can check in on the panda here) - 1.5 hours (driving directions)
- Go to the Wild Animal Park and hike the 2-mile back-country trail where you will see gardens, elephants, lions and tigers or board a train for your journey into "Africa". - 1.5 hours (driving directions)
- Enjoy the incredible connection between humans and animals at Sea World and then watch the 9:30pm Sea World fireworks together sitting on a San Diego beach. - 1.5 hours (driving directions)
- Walk hand in hand and share the experience of exploring the Getty Museum - 1 hour (driving directions)
- or take dance lessons in Newport Beach, stop by and visit the studio to take a tour of our three ballroom complex and pick up a dance schedule. They offer social dancing in West Coast Swing, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Foxtrot and more on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Spend an exhilarating day sailing on the open sea off Newport Beach, in carefree cruising comfort on a well maintained yacht. You will appreciate personalized service, provided by a warm, friendly and helpful staff.
- Later, for a really special evening, take in an event at the Kodak Theatre - 1 hour (driving directions)
- or the Pantages - 1 hour (driving directions)
- Check out Universal Studios - 1 hour (driving directions)
- or Disneyland - 1/2 hour (driving directions)
- or for a musically romantic evening check out the LA Philharmonic - 1 hour (driving directions)
- or the Hollywood Bowl - 1 hour (driving directions)
- Stroll down to the Balboa Pier and stop by the Balboa Fun Zone, in Newport Beach, check out the boat rentals there too
- There are enough nearbyTheater events you should be able to find something you will both enjoy!
- Bike the back-bay together in Newport Beach, more info here
- or go for a round of golf at Pelican Hill "The fundamentals of golf may not vary but the way you experience the game certainly can. Tom Fazio designed our 36 championship holes, Ocean North and Ocean South, to be unlike any that you've ever played before, with panoramic ocean views from nearly every hole. To further enhance your game, add our unmatched service and amenities; professional forecaddies, luxurious locker rooms, practice facility, shoe attendants, club cleaning service, golf shop and golf academy. " - 15 minutes (driving directions)
- Take in the Cultural Events and the Orange County Museum of Art in Newport Beach
- then take a leisurely stroll to Inspiration Point, it is very romantic
- then, later in the day, splurge on a dinner cruise, watch the sun go down onboard, then enjoy a three-course dinner prepared by their chefs onboard. Then you can enjoy a night of romance, dancing on their dance floor, or watch the the sights drift by while sitting on the outdoor decks.
- Visit the spa on the Queen Mary - 1/2 hour (driving directions)
- or visit the "best day spa" in the area (Voted by Fox 11), Amadeus in Newport Beach where they will welcome you with soft plush robes, comfortable slippers, the soothing aroma of relaxation and pampering. They really care about giving you the best possible spa & salon experience.
- Stroll hand in hand looking for the stars at the Hollywood Walk of Fame - 1 hour (driving directions)
- Then in the evening take in a Murder Mystery in one of the nearby theaters.
No matter how much, or how little you do, you will enjoy your romantic get away!
Ocean Front RentalCall us today at (800) 881-6800 to reserve the best ocean front vacation house you have ever had!
We offer some of the best ocean front rentals in Newport Beach. One is situated right on the Balboa boardwalk and features a spectacular California ocean view. Another rental we offer is just above that, on the second floor. We have both the bottom floor rental and the top floor rental available for you! Both are fully featured rentals for the best ocean front vacation you have ever had and rented separately they will accommodate nine and six people. Or you can rent both homes to house 15 people.
We also have one more rental that is not ocean front but is just 2 blocks from the first two rentals. It sleeps 8. So contact us now for that really big vacation you are planning we can accommodate 23 people in 3 homes all close together!
Our Ocean Front RentalBoth the upstairs rental and the downstairs rental offer garaged parking & corner fireplaces in both living-rooms. Both are directly across from volleyball net poles and fire pits on the beach.
Both ocean front rentals have drive up access for loading & unloading, these vacation homes have incredible views of the ocean sunsets and of Catalina Island. They are close to downtown Balboa, the ferry, the pier, Balboa Pavilion, the Fun Zone and excellent Newport Beach Dining.
All three rentals allow for easy access to the beach, and the waves. They are between the Balboa Pier and the Newport Pier and are close to all the shopping you could want at Fashion Island.
Also available close by are whale watching tours, harbor cruises (including the amazing Christmas Boat Parade!), excellent fishing. You can rent skates or a kayak or a canoe nearby, or tour the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum. Concerts or the theater are also options you may want to explore. There have been many movies and television shows filmed nearby, you may even see filming in progress during your stay.
Hiking or bike riding along the upper Newport bay is great fun. The beach is 8 miles long so there is plenty for everyone, and the beach is a perfect place for a sunset walk. Fine dining is available in abundance and you can explore the many different "villages" in the area. Or take a tour of Catalina Island.
Newport Beach is also famous for its fascinating islands. Balboa Island, which is at the north end of Newport Harbor, is known for its local boutiques, cafes, galleries and shops. You will enjoy many days of shopping or just browsing there. There are many things to do in the area!
Our rates start at $3300 per week during the summer, contact us for our reasonable weekly & monthly winter rates.